Registrations will open in November 2019.
The challenges are aimed at smartening sea going vessels. We encourage everybody with a passion for salt water to register!
Especially if you are:
- A young professional working in the maritime sector
- A student about to finish higher education in Business & IT Management, Maritime Officer, Marine Technology, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering, Game Development, Computer Science and Engineering
- A professional working outside the maritime sector with a passion for ships and knowledge in data-management, modelling and programming
This is what our participants said:
It was quite impressive, how we reached from the ‘how do we start’ moment to the ‘how did we win’ moment. Having a few hours to tackle such a challenge might seem impossible at the beginning, but in the end with good communication and cooperation between the members of the team you can achieve great things.
At first I did not know what to expect, but when I look back it was an amazing experience where I met a lot of fascinating people!
It’s very good to work with people you have never met before, on a challenge that is unfamiliar to my line of work. It challenges to think and act differently than is within the comfort zone.
Our mentor was very helpful, instructing us on managing the creative process and aiding us with turning our final ideal into a pitch.
Nice to know:
- There are no costs involved. Participation is free. The only investment we ask of you, is your time and energy! Make sure to register upfront, since walk-in registration is not allowed.
- After the previous Shipathon, 2018, participation was valued highly. 100% of our participants recommends it to others and 82% would participate again.
- The Shipathon is open for everyone, but participants must be 18 years or older.
- We have a convenient checklist for you, so you make sure you have everything you need!
- Agreement with the participation conditions is mandatory.