This implies that in any event we will:
- Minimise the processing of your personal data to what data that are required for the purposes for which they are being processed only.
- Seek your specific approval when so required to process personal data.
- Have in place the appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard the protection of your personal data.
- Not share personal data with other parties, unless this is required for the purposes for which these data have been submitted.
- Be informed of your rights related to your personal data, point these out to you and respect them.
Processing personal data of members, customers or vendors
SHIPATHON processes personal data of members, customers or vendors for the following purposes:
- When you maintain contact with SHIPATHON. This could be by phone, but also includes your: contacting SHIPATHON by e-mail, filling in contact forms, participating in surveys, logging in into De Clipper, applying for newsletters or contacting SHIPATHON via social media.
- For internal analyses to improve processes, develop products and services, and for members’ satisfaction surveys.
- To inform members of (new) products and services, either directly through newsletters, or for instance via social media.
For the above purposes, SHIPATHON is likely to ask the following personal data:
- First name
- (Business) telephone number
- (Business) e-mail address
- Job title
- Dietary requirements
SHIPATHON will store your personal data for the purpose of the above goals, and in the financial administration for a maximum 7 years.
Provision of data to third parties
We may provide third parties with the data that you have given us, if such is necessary for the execution of the aforementioned purposes.
We will never provide personal data to other parties with whom we have no processor agreement in place. We will naturally conclude the necessary agreements with those parties to safeguard the protection of your personal data.
In addition, we will never provide third parties with the data that you have given us, unless such is legally required and allowed.
We may furthermore share personal data with third parties if you have given us written permission.
Within the EU
We will provide parties within the EU with personal data in compliance with the AVG (GDPR) legislation.
We will only process personal data of minors (persons under the age of 16) following written permission from a parent, carer or a legal representative.
SHIPATHON will not store personal data any longer than is necessary for the purpose for which they have been submitted, respectively no longer than is legally required.
We have taken the appropriate technical and organisational steps to protect your personal data against unlawful processing. The steps taken by us include that:
- All persons having access to your personal data on behalf of SHIPATHON are bound to confidentiality thereof.
- We apply a user name and password policy to all our systems.
- We have pseudonymised personal data and take care of encryption if there is reason to.
- We make back-ups of the personal data in order to be able to retrieve these after a physical or technical incident.
- We regularly test and evaluate our measures.
- Our staff have been informed about the importance of protecting personal data.
The Dutch law ‘Wet bescherming persoonsgegevens’ imposes on organisations the obligation to inform website visitors about the cookies being used upon visiting a website.
What are Cookies?
A cookie is a small piece of digital information that identifies you as a unique visitor of our website and that of others. A cookie is put on your computer, tablet or mobile phone by our website when you visit our website. By storing information about your visitor use of the website, cookies enable the website to recognize you during a possible next visit.
If you don’t want us to use this tool, you can choose not to accept cookies through your internet browser. If you do accept cookies, they will stay on your computer/tablet/mobile phone until you delete them.
What cookies are used on this site?
The Shipathon (SHIPATHON) website applies various cookies. SHIPATHON, naturally, very cautiously processes the data obtained via the SHIPATHON website.
SHIPATHON uses the following cookies:
Cookies that are required for technical purposes and for the proper functioning of this site. The functional cookies used by SHIPATHON on the site, are not tied to the law ‘Wet bescherming persoonsgegevens’.
SHIPATHON uses Google Analytics to store statistical information about how visitors use our website. SHIPATHON uses this information solely to improve the visitors’ website experience in general and to provide them with more focused information. These data will never be provided to third parties.
The SHIPATHON website contains buttons enabling us to promote web pages or to share them on social networks like Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. These ‘share’ buttons are driven by codescripts coming from the social media channels themselves and fall outside our sphere of influence. Please read the social media channels’ privacy policies to be informed about how they use the personal data processed via these cookies.
This website contains various links to non-SHIPATHON websites. SHIPATHON is not responsible for the contents or the privacy policies of those other websites.
For more information about the above please contact SHIPATHON’s Marketing Communications department via T +31 88 44 51 000 or E Shipathon@maritimetechnology.nl.
Your relevant rights
It is your right to view, correct or remove the personal data that we have received from you. It is also your right to lodge an objection to the processing of your personal data (or parts thereof) by us or by one of our processors. Furthermore, it is your right to have us transmit the personal data which you have given to us to yourself or directly to another party according to your instructions. We may request you to provide proof of identity before we can meet the abovementioned requests. It is your right to withdraw, at any time, the permission that we have received from you to use your personal data. For this, please contact us via Shipathon@maritimetechnology.nl or T +31 88 44 51 000.
If you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data, we request you to contact us directly via Shipathon@maritimetechnology.nl or +31 88 44 51 000. We would naturally highly regret it, if we should fail to work things out together. You have a specific right to lodge a complaint with the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens, which is the Dutch supervisory authority for privacy protection.